The Kootenay Healthy Lifestyles Expo has roles for all levels of volunteering, with free tables for non-profit organizations in a high-traffic area and opportunities for individuals, that range from a few hours to the entire festival.
The Expo will host over 100 exhibitors, farmer market vendors and feature 30 key-note speakers and demonstrations from health experts throughout the 2 days. The event spans from the main stage and Farmer’s Market in the curling rink to the presentation stage and exhibitors in the arena. We require assistance with making sure the overall event runs smoothly.
Are you looking for a hands-on opportunity to promote your non-profit organization at a high attendance trade show, in-trade for volunteering and be involved with various areas of the event? The Trail & District Chamber of Commerce is looking for passionate, self-motivated and energetic volunteers, representing a non-profit, to be a part of our Kootenay Healthy Lifestyle Expo in Trail at the Memorial Arena. In exchange for a non-profit organization providing volunteers, they will receive a “free” table to promote their organization in a high-traffic area.
Do you have a passion for the health and outdoor lifestyle communities and a desire to give back to the community? If you want to learn more about health and wellness while helping out, we’d like to connect with you to make the event a success!
Volunteers will receive a 2 day pass, opportunities to attend seminars and presentations, access to the hospitality tent for breaks and hydrating, invitation to the Exhibitor Welcome Reception and a meal voucher to any of the Healthy Food Court vendors!
- Register and Sign In for exhibitors, vendors, and presenters – Welcome and communicate the logistics, set up, take down.
- Ushering and Customer Service – Information booth/Tent, guest services, welcoming and information for visitors to event. General questions and KHLE information and Trail & District Chamber of Commerce information.
- Onsite Kootenay Healthy Lifestyle Outreach – Trail & District Chamber of Commerce Information and Contest. Gathering information from visitors for Trail & District Chamber’s social media and promotion of the Kootenay Healthy Lifestyle industries.
- Support with event set up and take down – initial set up on Thursday 7th – the set up for vendors is June 8th and doors open at 4:00 pm. The take down is June 10th 9:00 am – noon.
- Support with event security – watching over and assisting the exhibitors and volunteers in the “hospitality area” during event
- Assist with event cleanup